The Planetarium | Physics & Astronomy
What is the planetarium?
- UNCG’s Spitz Projector will project the stars, planets, Sun and Moon onto the interior of our 20-foot dome
- It is operated, for the benefit of UNCG students and the Greensboro community, by UNCG’s Department of Physics and Astronomy
- The planetarium is used to depict the motions of the astronomical objects for classes of UNCG students and for public showings
Where is the planetarium?
- Room 310 Petty Science Building on the UNCG campus
- You may park (at a modest hourly rate) in the UNCG Parking Deck on McIver Street, near the corner of McIver and W. Market Streets
How long are the shows?
- Public night shows typically run 45 – 60 minutes with extra time for questions